Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The End

Stiched, Shiva Paintsticked, bound.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Putting It Together

More bleaching, more piecing. I'm not a big embellishment person so I'm wondering what to do next...

More Bleaching

These are fabric squares I bleach-discharged with hand cut stencils and then pieced together.

Bleaching Experiments

These pieces were dyed with procion dyes then bleach-discharged using hand cut stencils.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

2008- First Art Quilts

This is my first art quilt. It was an experiment with resist and setacolor which Chelsea loved, so I added some applique and a border. I would have buried it, but it's hanging in her room.

The octopus quilt is done with hand painted and batiked fabrics. The octopus is from a drawing Greg did for me.

These are tye dye experiments which I thought turned out pretty cool, so I decided to use them to practice my new quilting skills.

This is a mini-quilt (looks like a potholder!). The image is from a drawing Sam did in grade school. It is the subject of many of my works, I just love it. I put the image into my embroidery software and stitched it out.