Saturday, August 22, 2009

2008- First Art Quilts

This is my first art quilt. It was an experiment with resist and setacolor which Chelsea loved, so I added some applique and a border. I would have buried it, but it's hanging in her room.

The octopus quilt is done with hand painted and batiked fabrics. The octopus is from a drawing Greg did for me.

These are tye dye experiments which I thought turned out pretty cool, so I decided to use them to practice my new quilting skills.

This is a mini-quilt (looks like a potholder!). The image is from a drawing Sam did in grade school. It is the subject of many of my works, I just love it. I put the image into my embroidery software and stitched it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment